Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

Money Doesn't Make Equality

In unit 3, Judge, of Policy we learned about the judicial branch, their roles in the checks and balances, and the different levels of court. We went from the Circuit Courts, which primarily focused on state laws and minor criminal offenses, to our main focus, the Supreme Court, which handles all cases that challenge the constitution as well as federal crimes. We not only reviewed what the Supreme Court does, but also some of the most major Supreme Court cases along with the impact they had in American history. For our final action project we were asked to choose a Supreme Court case and present it. I ended up choosing Gideon v. Wainwright (1962), which dealt with a violation of the sixth amendment. I chose to focus on this case because I believe everyone deserves a fair chance in life and especially in court. This court case ensured just that. It had been difficult settling on just one case because I found so many interesting ones that are extremely relevant in today's society. I did enjoy looking in depth at a case that I am interested in and not one that was designated to me. Please enjoy my Prezi below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment