Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Hoping for a Fair and Equal Representation

In unit 3, Organization, we learned about what makes a group, or company, perform at their best and the methods they use. Looking into business practices such as Six Sigma and Total Quality, then at systems thinking to see how each component works together to make the whole. For our action project we were tasked to find a system in the school and create a SWOT based off it. Along with the SWOT we had to connect the system to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, the Commons, and business trends. The main goal was to find a solution to the problems within the system and explain how it would improve it. I ended up choosing the student council because I believe it is a vital part of any school. I really enjoyed interviewing members of the school about the council because they all had a lot to say, good and constructive. I had really struggled with relating I-O psychology to student council, but I found help from my peers and a shared resource we created. Please enjoy my SWOT on the student council below.


Works Cited:

BM (Teacher). Personal Interview. 2017.

LS (Student). Personal Interview. 2017.

“Industrial and Organizational Psychology.” American Psychological Association. N.p. Web. Accessed February 6, 2017.

KK (Director). Personal Interview. 2017

SG (Student). Personal Interview. 2017

"Vroom expectancy motivation theory | Employee motivation theories | YourCoach Gent." Your Coach. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Feb. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment